1. Use of the TGV trademark
« TGV is an SNCF registered trademark since 1978, and as such is legally protected.
Any use in the course of trade by an unauthorised third party of the TGV trademark (either in writing or use of the logo), in particular as a generic term to designate fast speed trains or railway lines, is therefore prohibited. Likewise, any use of the TGV trademark in an internet domain name, corporate name, trade name, brand name or any other distinctive sign on any medium whatsoever is prohibited.
These uses of the TGV trademark are reprehensible on the basis of the Intellectual Property Code and the Civil Code. The SNCF therefore reserves the right to take action against any third party who reproduces the TGV trademark or TGV visual representations under circumstances or in a way which would infringe its rights.
Therefore, to avoid any confusion, the TGV trademark must be used exclusively to designate SNCF products and services pertaining to the TGV, and only after receiving prior written approval from the SNCF. ».
2. General terms and conditions for use of the website and proposed services.
- Use of the TGV.com website constitutes full and unreserved acceptance of the general terms and conditions of use described hereafter. These conditions of use being subject to modification or amendment at any time, users of the TGV.com website are encouraged to consult them regularly.
-This website is normally accessible to users at all times. However, the SNCF may decide to suspend access for website maintenance, in which case they will take the necessary steps to inform users in advance of the date and time of the operation.
3. Presentation of the TGV.com website.
- The TGV.com website is the property of the Société Nationale des Chemins de fer Français (French National Railways Company), registered with the Paris Trade Register under the number B.552.049.447, with registered offices situated at 34, rue du Commandant Mouchotte, 75014 Paris.
- The data provider for implementation of the website is the Direction du Marketing et de la Marque TGV (Marketing and TGV trademark Department) of SNCF VOYAGES, 2 Place de la Défense, 92053 PARIS LA DEFENSE Cedex. - The TGV.com website is designed and implemented by Axidéa Conseils&Technologie, 14 rue La Fayette, Paris and Care, 13 rue Saint Lazare, 75009 Paris
- The photo report is by Olivier Roubert (with the exception of certain photos)
4. Description of services provided.
- The TGV.com website aims to provide information and booking assistance for all TGV rail services, as well as ancillary services available before, during or after the journey.
Also available on the website is a selection of general tourist information concerning the French regions served by the TGV and video reports on places of interest or activities close to these regions.
- Concerning services available before, during or after the journey, the SNCF may conclude partnerships with third parties. In such a case, the SNCF will be involved only as an intermediary through the TGV.com website, and contractual relations will exist exclusively between the traveller and the partner.
- The SNCF will endeavour to provide the TGV.com website with the most exact information possible. However, it cannot be held responsible for any errors and omissions in updates, whether they be caused by the SNCF or by the partners supplying the information.
- For the TGV services booking service, users are informed that they are transferred to the Voyages-sncf.com website after supplying journey details and travel date. The entire transaction is therefore subject to the general terms of sale and use of the Voyages-sncf.com website, and the SNCF cannot be held responsible for any faults committed by Voyages-sncf.com.
5. Contractual limitations on technical data.
- The minimum system requirements to access the TGV.com website are as follows:
Navigator: IE8, Firefox 3 and Google Chrome 3
- Site users undertake to use virus-free equipment in compliance with system requirements described above.
6. Intellectual property.
- TGV is a trademark of the SNCF and is legally protected worldwide. The TGV logo is protected under the same conditions.
- The SNCF is the owner of intellectual property rights, or holds the right to use all accessible elements on the website, notably text, pictures, graphics, icons, sound and software. - Any reproduction, representation, modification, publication or adaptation of all or any components of the website, whatever the means or procedures used, is prohibited without prior written consent by the SNCF.
- Any unauthorised use of the site or any of its components is an infringement of copyright and action will be taken in conformity with article L.335-2 of the Intellectual Property Code.
7. Limitation of liability.
- The SNCF cannot be held liable for any direct or indirect damage caused to the user’s equipment when accessing the TGV.com website, and resulting from either the use of equipment which does not comply with the specifications listed in point 4, or from the emergence of a bug or incompatibility.
-The SNCF cannot be held liable for indirect damages (for example market loss or loss of opportunity) following use of the TGV.com website.
- Interactive question and answer areas are available, providing users with the possibility to ask questions. The SNCF reserves the right to suppress without prior notification any contents of this area which infringe French legislation, in particular provisions relative to data protection. The SNCF also reserves the right, if the need arises, to invoke the user’s civil and/or criminal liability, notably for messages of a racist, abusive, defamatory or pornographic nature, whatever form they may take (text, photographs, etc.).
8. Personal data management.
- The TGV.com website has been duly declared to the CNIL (National Commission for Information Technologies and Civil Liberties) under receipt number 1044748.
- The TGV.com website is operated by the TGV France Department of VFE (Travellers in France and Europe) and aims to provide travellers with information and booking assistance.
- Information gathered on the website is destined for the TGV Marketing team. The SNCF may also communicate personal data to chosen partners within the scope of partnership agreements concerning ancillary services to TGV travel, to enable them to implement the services ordered. Lastly, users should be aware that under certain circumstances, the SNCF might be compelled within the scope of legal or fiscal proceedings to communicate the personal data in its possession to public authorities, and that in such a case it cannot be held liable.
- Some of the required data, indicated by an asterisk, is mandatory for accurate query processing. Other information, which is optional, is gathered to better understand user needs and improve the quality of service provided.
- The SNCF reserves the right, unless this is objected to by the user, to use this information for its own professional communications concerning the TGV or ancillary services. These communications might be sent either by e-mail or letter.
- The partners may use information communicated by the SNCF for promotional purposes, on condition that they request prior and explicit consent from the users.
- In compliance with article 38 of the French data protection and freedom of information act number 78-17 of 6 January 1978, every user has the right of objection to personal data concerning themselves.
- In compliance with article 39 and following articles of the French data protection and freedom of information act number 78-17 of 6 January 1978, every user has the right to access, modify, correct and cancel personal data concerning themselves.
These rights may be exercised by either writing to SNCF VOYAGES DMM- TGV.com 2 place de la Défense CNIT 1 - BP 440 92 053 Paris la Défense Cedex, or by sending an e-mail to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The data bases are protected by the provisions of the act of 1 July 1998 transposing directive 96/9 of 11 March 1996 regarding legal protection for data bases.
9. Hypertext links and cookies.
- The insertion of hypertext links towards any part of the TGV.com website is prohibited, unless prior written approval has been obtained from the SNCF.
- The TGV.com website contains a certain number of hypertext links towards other sites which have been included with the SNCF’s approval. It is not however possible for the SNCF to check the content of all such sites, for which they can consequently not be held responsible.
- Navigation on the TGV.com website might entail the installation of cookies on the user’s computer. A cookie is a small file which, whilst not identifying the user, records data relating to a computer’s navigation on a website. Data obtained in this way enables easier navigation on the website at a later date, and is also used to obtain statistics on website traffic.
- Refusal of cookies may make it impossible to use some of the website’s services. Users can however configure their computers in the following way if they wish to disable cookies:
Under Internet Explorer: choose tools/internet options Open the Confidentiality tab and choose Disable all cookies Click on OK.
Under Firefox: Open the Tools menu and Options Open “Private life” and de-select “Accept cookies”. Click on OK.
10. Applicable law and jurisdiction.
- Any dispute related to use of the TGV.com website is subject to French law, and full jurisdiction is given to the relevant courts of Paris.
Photo credits and TGV destinations:
Angers © Angers Loire Tourisme
Angoulême © Office de Tourisme du Pays d'Angoulême
Besançon © Office de Tourisme de Besançon
Brest © Xavier DUBOIS / XLC / OTBMO
Dijon © Office de Tourisme de Dijon
Grenoble © Office de Tourisme de Grenoble - Pierre Jayet
La Rochelle © Francis GIRAUDON - Office de Tourisme de la Rochelle
Le Mans © Ville du Mans - Le Mans Métropole
Metz © Ville de Metz - Christian Legay
Marc RoyerNancy © Ville de Nancy
Nice © Hughes Lagarde / Franck Follet /
Nîmes © Nîmes Métropole - Gilles Martin-Raget / Ville de Nîmes
Perpignan © Office de Tourisme de Perpignan
Poitiers © Office de Tourisme de Poitiers
Toulon © Office de Tourisme de Toulon
Toulouse © Office de Tourisme de Toulouse
Tours © Office de Tourisme de Tours
Valence © Ville de Valence
Fête de la musique © graphisme : audeperrier.com
Rennes ©Ville de Rennes - Didier Gouray dans les mentions légales.
Photo Francofolies © Franck Moreau
Photo Exposition Martin Parr © Martin Parr, Magnum Photos / Kamel Mennour
Henri Cartier-Bresson, Magnum Photos
Visuel Woodstower © Antoine Grasset
Photo Biennale de Lyon © Shilpa Gupta
Présence Africaine © Chris Marker & Alain Resnais
Photo La Souterraine © Mairie de la Souterraine.
Photo Brive © Office de Tourisme de Brive et son Pays.
Photo Limoges © Ville de Limoges
Photo Marché de Noël de Lille © Office de Tourisme de Lille - Alain Bénard
Visuel Gastronomades © Chenez - Verrazano
Photo Marché de Noël Strasbourg © Bernard Naegelen
Photo La Faim des Dinosaures © Palais de la Découverte
Photo Carnaval des deux Rives à Bordeaux © Thomas Sanson - Mairie de Bordeaux
Photo Exposition Plossu à Marseille © Bernard Plossu
Photo Carnaval de Wazemmes à Lille © Hervé Leteneur - skenea.eu
Photos cigognes (Voyages en Groupes - Strasbourg) © Eric Isselée et Marty Kropp
Photo Voyages en Groupes - Paris © Ints Vikmanis
Photo rameau d'olivier (Voyages en Groupes - méditerranée) © photlook
Photo English Book (Voyages en Groupes - Londres) © asiln
Photo Drapeaux parlement europe 3D (Voyages en Groupes - Bruxelles) © morganimation
Photo Brandenburger Tor (Voyages en Groupes - Berlin) © FX Berlin
Photo Futuroscope (Voyages en Groupes - Futuroscope) Futuroscope_AC2I - Air Compagnie - D LAMING, Architecte - Consult Art / Toutain - John Lund/Sam Diephuis - Getty Images/Blend Images
Photo Asterix (Voyages en Groupes - Parc Asterix) © 2012 les Éditions Albert René / Goscinny-Uderzo
Photo Disney (Voyages en Groupes - parc Dysneyland) © Disney / Pixar
Photo Europa-Park (Voyages en Groupes - Europa_park) © Europa-Park
Photo Puy du Fou (Voyages en Groupes - Puy du Fou) © Puy du Fou
Photo Terra Botanica (Voyages en Groupes - Parc Terrabotanica) © Terra Botanica
Visuel générique Scolaires 2012-2013 (Voyages en Groupes - offres et séjours scolaires) © lacabanecreative.fr
Photo Alsace-Colmar (Voyages en Groupes - Alsace) © PackShot
Photo Alsace-Strasbourg (Voyages en Groupes - Strasbourg) © DX
Photo Angleterre-Londres (Voyages en Groupes - Angleterre) © samott - Fotolia.com
Photo Angleterre-téléphone (Voyages en Groupes - Angleterre) © aberenyi
Photo Italie-Lac Majeur (Voyages en Groupes - Italie) © rifberlin
Photo Italie-Lac Orta (Voyages en Groupes - Italie) © Valeria73
Photo Italie (Voyages en Groupes - Italie) © Samuele Gallini - Fotolia.com
Photo Méditerranée (Voyages en Groupes - Méditerranée) © pf30
Photo Paris (Voyages en Groupes - Paris) © Beboy
Photo Alsace, Lorraine, Bourgogne (Voyages en Groupes - Alsace, Lorraine, Bourgogne) © PackShot
Photo Des pays de la Loire à la Bretagne (Voyages en Groupes - Des pays de la Loire à la Bretagne) © DjiggiBodgi.com
Photo La côte Atlantique (Voyages en Groupes - La côte Atlantique) © Yvann K
Photo La vallée du Rhône et les Alpes (Voyages en Groupes - La vallée du Rhône et les Alpes) © Ignatius Wooster
Photo Belgique, Pays-Bas, Lille (Voyages en Groupes - Belgique, Pays-Bas, Lille) © ANADEL
Photo Espagne (Voyages en Groupes - Espagne) © matthi
Photo Allemagne (Voyages en Groupes - Allemagne) © pf30
Photo Svetlana Gryankina - Fotolia.com (Voyages en Groupes - Svetlana Gryankina - Fotolia.com) © pf30
Photo Suisse (Voyages en Groupes - Suisse) © Vladimir Voronin
Photo Londres (Voyages en Groupes - Londres) © samott - Fotolia.com